Avaya just introduced CallPilotTM compatibility with VMWare© on September 7, 2010 for use on customer-provided web-servers for all supplemental application components such as CallPilot Manager, CallPilot Reporter, My CallPilot, and Password Change/Reset service.
Why is this important?
While most CallPilot web components can run directly on the CallPilot server, you can choose to host some or all web components on a separate server for the following reasons:
Larger enterprise customers, or those with more demanding traffic levels, improve responsiveness and resilience of CallPilot Manager and My CallPilot by hosting these components from the same customer-provided web-server used for Reporter.
CallPilot Reporter, used for reporting on up to 20 CallPilot systems, cannot be hosted by the CallPilot server given both its CPU-intensive anytime/anywhere reporting and large disk-space requirements to store the OM database.
The following outlines product minimum compatibility details:
CallPilot supported Web-Server Operating Systems:
- Windows 2000 Server (Standard version)/Service Pack 1 with IIS 5.0/Service Pack 1
- Windows 2003 Server (Standard version)/Service Pack 2 with IIS 6.0
- Windows Vista (Standard or Enterprise)/Service Pack 1 with IIS 7.0
- CallPilot Manager/Reporter 5.00.41.112 (released with Service Update 8) or later
- My CallPilot 5.00.41.111 (released with Service Update 8) or later
VMWare application and version:
- Workstation 6.5.4
- Server 2.0.1