BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is a buzzword many of us are familiar with. As the popularity of BYOD is on the rise, Avaya is introducing IP Office 8.1 for small and mid-sized enterprises (SME). It includes new mobility, management, and security features as well as custom-built services to help SME’s take advantage of the rapidly growing BYOD sphere.
Better yet, IP Office 8.1 can serve companies with as few as 5 and as many as 1,000 users on a single site. This is a great offering to the small and medium size businesses that want to advance into the next-gen collaboration movement.
Here are a few other IP Office 8.1 features:
Avaya Flare Communicator – SME’s can use Avaya Flare Communicator for iPads or Avaya Flare Communicator for Windows (laptops). Below are a couple key features of these apps:
- Drag and drop contacts into a “spotlight” which allows you to instant message, email or call the selected individual(s).
- Enables mobile access to business-class calling, presence, company directory search and management of two simultaneous calls while mobile.
Take a look at a short video on the Avaya Flare Experience:
New Centralized Management—Enables you to better manage communications for multiple sites from one location. A simple admin tool has been created that allows you to make adjustments (remotely) to individual sites.
Enhanced Security Options—A new SME version of Avaya Session Border Controller (available 3Q 2012) is being created to help make security easy and affordable for IP Office 8.1 users. It will provide capabilities for the mobile workers such as the option to encrypt media and signaling connections without using a VPN.
More IP Office Info:
- Avaya IP Office 8.1 can be paired with ERS 3500 to automate network set-up.
- one-X Mobile Preferred for IP office mobility app is now available for iPhone devices.
- Radvision SCOPIA and IP Office are working together to bring IP Office users an easy-to-use video collaboration by the end of 2012.
If you’d like to learn more about the IP Office 8.1 and whether it’s a good fit for your enterprise, please contact us. We’re happy to help in whatever way we can!